Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Tremendous Salamat (Thank you)

The Poverty Sucks comedy fundraiser took place Wednesday last week, and it was killer! A brilliant rendition of a Beauty and the Beast song (Hillary-style), why we love and don't love orphans, acceptance of incontinence, an explanation of how Tiger Woods is really Filipino, Arty Knickerbocker's greatest hits, and a rogue Andy Warhol painting were some of the Poverty-defeating highlights of the evening. And audience members were victorious with the raffle-- the odds were excellent!

And with combined audience generosity and private donations associated with the event, we were able to raise $1,180 total! That's 50,920 Philippine pesos for the Special Fund for Madapdap, according to yesterday's exchange rate!

A special thanks to all of the awesome performers and audience members, and much gratitude to all of the wonderful folks who donated from afar via PayPal or personal check. If you still want to contribute, it's never too late-- click on the ChipIn or scroll down for a mailing address!

Maraming salamat!

1 comment:

Marlon R said...

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help. My Name is Marlon Ribunal from Long Beach, CA. My mother who is in the Philippines right now is suffering from Leukemia. She is only 55 years old. Although I am here in the US, I am not really earning enough money. I have my family on my own with two kids, and what I am earning is barely enough. If you know any individuals or organizations that might be able to help please let me know. My contact info is:

US Info:
Marlon Ribunal
2409 Hayes Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90810
(562) 786-2889 [Cell Phone ]
(562) 989-5406 [Home]
mribunal@verizon.net

Philippine Info:
Mario Ribunal, Jr.
#17 Bliss, Jones
3313 Isabela
09215102848

We need your support.